Thursday 1 March 2012

Offering No.I to Aneurin, A personal history of Traditional Welsh Costume

Offering No.I left for Aneurin at 9.30am 1/3/2012


Close up of Offering No. I


Close up of Offering No.I

St. David's Day 1993

St. David's 1987


St David's Day 1991


St. David's Day 1987


St David's Day 1991



St David's Day 1990


My first offering to the statue of Aneurin Bevan at the top of Queen Street, Cardiff, will be a selection of family images of myself, my sister, brother and classmates, dressed for St. David's Day celebrations. It is a tradition which is still upheld in all schools across Wales. Through my involvement in Welsh language education over the past three years, I too have regularly wore my Welsh Lady Costume. I was sent one by my father after my controversial performance in 2010 'Gwisg Cenhinen'. It is a vintage, handmade Welsh Wool Costume that he was given by a lady in Glynneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment