Friday 23 March 2012

ART CAR BOOTIQUE



ABANDON SHIP! at Art Car Bootique

ABANDON SHIP! will feature at Art Car Bootique on Sunday 15th of April 2012 between 11am-6pm. This years Art Car Bootique's theme is Britishness, which is a theme I constantly explore throughout my work. In response to this I am creating a drawing installation stall with commemorative drawings of passengers and crew who lost their lives on the Titanic which sank on April 15th 1912, marking the 100th anniversary of the ships sinking on the day of this unique art event. Commemoration is becoming a regular focus within my art practice. History has always inspired me and I feel compelled to look back and honour the past within my work. Memorial is also a very British preoccupation, and this event's date is also close to Palm Sunday- the traditional day for remembering the dead.

A commemorative performance will take place at the stall at 4.30pm.

For further information please visit: www.somethingcreatives.com or www.chapter.org

No comments:

Post a Comment