Sunday 31 July 2011

A Tribute to Sue Griffith


It is with deep sadness that I say goodbye to my dear friend, mentor and former lecturer, Sue Griffith, who peacefully passed away at Ty Olwen hospice in the early hours of Saturday morning. I am honoured to have been her friend. Whilst at Uni our dissertation sessions would go on forever, and I would look forward to telling Sue of my latest reading and research. Much of my aesthetic and practice is attributed to the variety of artist's and movements Sue introduced to me. Sue became a mentor to me after graduating, providing constant support. I will always cherish the essay she wrote 'Home Sweet Home', which contextualises my practice, for my Craig Y Nos publication. Most importantly, I will never forget everything she taught me. The above image is of Sue on Antony Gormley's third Plinth giving a lecture on the history of cats.

Two weeks ago Sue had told me how loved she felt because her friends were rallying around her. This gives me great comfort. My thoughts are with her other close friends and her cousin.
Hwyl Fawr Sue, Cariad mawr xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment