Sunday 10 July 2011

In Memory of Balloon Girl


I will be making a new site-specific performance, whcih takes place at Cathays Cemetery on Sunday July the 24th, 2011 at 2pm-4pm.

The performance will explore the tragic death of 14-year-old Louisa Maud Evans and the fear she must have felt in having to jump from the doomed balloon into the Bristol Channel.

This new live work forms Phase 1 of the memorial project. I hav commissioned a creative writer, a filmmaker and photographer to document and respond to the piece. The performance residue will then be collated and a film and publication launch will take place at St. David’s Hall in November 2011.

Please join me in honouring this brave girl. Refreshments will be available to enjoy at the end of the event.

This project has been fully funded by the Arts Council of Wales.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathryn. I'm also fascinated by Madamoiselle Albertina's strange and sad story. I look forward to seeing the film at the launch, having not heard about your July performance. I hope it went well. Christian

    ReplyDelete