Monday 8 April 2013

Mad Month of March



March was a busy and creative month. I travelled the length and breadth of this fair land. Firstly I spent some time in Glasgow where the art activity is lively and exciting. There are a lot of vibrant artist led spaces and galleries, with great programmes. I'm excited to see the Turner Prize go there in 2015. In the same week I had a pit stop in London, before I made the journey all the way down south to Penzance. The travelling was a great way of me preparing for the Wormery reading group session which Newlyn and Exchange Gallery invited me to host. The reading group was a huge success with a great turn out and active discussion about the texts and the exhibition 'The Future is not what it used to be' a co curated show with Exchange, Deborah Smith and Chapter Gallery.
                     
CAZ space Penzance, Cornwall, UK
Whilst there I met up with local artist's Rebecca Weeks (part of CAZ) and Paul Carter (one half of Zierle and Carter). Over the years Ive had the honour of experiencing the work of these inspiring performance artist's as well as show along side them. Being on a national grid of artists means that artist's have the luxury of knowing someone in nearly every city, and never need feel alone. As I am so concerned with the local, both personally and within my work it is useful to see how artist's respond to their location and community. CAZ space is a fantastic basement space that delivers some of the most exciting performance pieces in the UK.

http://www.newlynartgallery.co.uk/?Events
http://www.cazart.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment