Tuesday 23 April 2013

A reckie of The Looking Glass



Gallery at The Looking Glass, Bristol, UK
Preparations are well under way for my next exhibition There's No Time, We Made it Up, curated by Abi Cush (Bristol), presented by The Looking Glass and featuring work from myself and artist Lucy Evetts (London). Abi approached me after hearing about my work through a discussion at Spike Island. Once Abi began formulating ideas for the theme of a show she drew together mine and Lucy's approach to narrative's of time, both past and future. I'm excited to show alongside a painter, and feel that the aesthetics in Lucy's work, such as use of colour, relate strongly to the aesthetic of my current project 'For Future Reference...' It is a delight to work with Abi, who has been a huge support to the development of the first official part of the project since having acquired ACW funding for the work.

Beneath the new bar, which is run by Bristol artists, and NEON studios, is a narrow basement space. We have an interesting challenge on our hands to effectively present large scale paintings and performance alongside each other. As the look and feel of both our practises complement each other well, I feel it is a challenge we will relish.

Info about the show:

Info about the gallery:


No comments:

Post a Comment