Monday 9 April 2012

Install Begins!


Farewell Port 2012, film still

Lost With Vessel 2012, film still

Install of the show is underway and I am very excited about exhibiting my new work. I will be showing two new films, a sound installation and a set of drawings. The work has been laboured over and carefully made for each nook and cranny of the Stapleton road space.
Exhibiting my drawings is a relatively new aspect to my practice. My drawings are a result of the Edwardian imagery generated from the Titanic disaster- I have instinctively responded to the portraits of the deceased and spent time applying each detail and feature with great respect and attention. This medium has also enabled me to focus on the heroes and heroines of the titanic disaster that inspire me the most.
I will be making a new performance this Sunday at the ART CAR BOOTIQUE at Chapter. The performance is called Nearer My God to Thee and is a simple memorial to those who perished a 100 ears ago to that day in cold icy waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment