Tuesday 20 September 2011

Experimentica 1.1


As part of this year's Experimentica festival (Chapter Arts Centre, Cardiff, UK) I am taking on the role of Hostess with the Mostess. I will be there to provide a warm Welsh welcome. Community and a sense of belonging are an enormous part of a festival's presence and being. My aim for Experimentica 1.1 is to strengthen this and to create a feeling of collectivism for both the participating artists and audience members. This may stem for my desire to belong, I am forever searching for that sense of family. I long for those student days spent at the studio discussing your work at length and moving together towards the final goal of a show.
I am not an artist who thrives well on being alone at the studio.
My ideas and work often stem from discussion, debate and an understanding which is gained through social interaction.
Please join me in creating an artist hub that will fuel the hearth of Experimentica 1.1.

N.B The previous post is a call out to those who would like to support me in the endeavour of creating this sense of community throughout the live/visual art festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment