Tuesday 13 September 2011

Cwtch-Stori, Milton Keynes Gallery

Performance: Kathryn Ashill from MK Gallery on Vimeo.


Mk Gallery have been archiving their videos and have recently added documentation of a performance I did in summer 2010. In Cwtch- Stori I invited strangers to sit on my lap whilst I read them Snow white and the seven dwarfs in Welsh. Sharing my bilingualism is important to me and underpins much of my practice. As a result of this I wanted to test my ability to communicate a narrative to a non Welsh speaking audience. The motherly nature of the performance was also central to the piece and participants adopted a very childlike pose.

Thank you to Luke Williams (an amazing video artist and technician at MK Gallery,) and to Mk Gallery for their support.

No comments:

Post a Comment