Tuesday 2 July 2013

MEANTIME Project Documentation

Fortune 1 Drawing
Fortune 1 Drawing detail
Installation image 1
Installation image 2
Tent close up

Installation with chinese rug

Me taking pics of the work

In conversation with Phil Owen, assistant researcher at Arnolfini, Bristol

Fortune Drawing series


'For Future Reference' project documentation from my project and residency at MEANTIME in Cheltenham. Over the four week residency I visited local psychics in order to gather a clearer picture of my future. The psychic predictions were used as material for drawings. During the closing event I delivers a spoken word performance where I tried to retell the readings in the way that they had been delivered. I was mainly trying to channel Whoopi Goldberg as the psychic in the film GHOST.

Whoopi Goldberg as Oda Mae Brown, Psychic in Ghost

No comments:

Post a Comment