Monday 22 October 2012

For Future Reference... Palm Project I, Artes Mundi Education PV. 16.10.2012






 Following on from my work at Flux Factory in New York, I am now focusing on different narratives of my future. I was commissioned by the National Museum of Wales to make work for the Artes Mundi Education private view. 'For Future Reference...Palm Project 1' participants were invited to read my palm and my fortune using a simple 'How To' guide. The aim of this performance was to encourage the educators to see performance as an educational tool. A lot of the teachers and visitors thought it was a good way of getting pupils to discuss their future. One English teacher is also going to use it as a way of exploring the prophecy scene in Macbeth to her class. I hope to continue this performance and make a longer version. As with my previous work themes of intimacy and touch are explored through the reading of a palm.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment