Monday 17 September 2012

Artes Mundi training at TATE Britain

Things are not only getting mega busy with my practical work, but they are also hotting up in the bread-and-butter aspect of my art practice. I  exist on commissions for my art practice and my work in Contemporary Art education. My latest role will be as Artes Mundi Live Guide, and I will be doing this until January alongside my Gallery Assistant post at Chapter.
I will be giving workshops and discussions for Artes Mundi alongside 6 other great live guides. We will have so much fun delivering our interpretations as a team. The team is made up of artists, curators and educators from Wales. As part of our training we spent the day with TATE Britain's Education team talking through their resources and doing workshops. I feel really inspired as the resources taught me to create my responses as an artist and to approach a workshop exactly as I would an art project. I was really inspired with the TATE's resources, which are free and available to anyone. Again, they reminded me that creativity is paramount to our understanding of art work. I have scanned in this instruction, which is a resource created by the performance artist Alex Schady, to expand on your understanding of the TATE Tanks. It comes with a glow in the dark Arrow headband. This card is also glow in the dark so you can use it in the dark performance art Tanks:



  

No comments:

Post a Comment